In a market oversaturated with mobile applications, building your own app is only half the battle. You also need to have a comprehensive app marketing plan in place to reach and engage your target audience.
At Y Media Labs we build beautiful, intuitive, simple applications. But we also help you craft an app launch strategy and mobile app marketing plan. We want to make sure everything works as expected and that your company benefits from the end to end mobile strategy and mobile product that we will help you build.
Contrary to popular belief, successfully marketing an app starts long before an application is ready to hit the market. It’s something that happens as soon as you have clearly defined what you are building and why.
In order to properly launch a mobile application, you need to create marketing collaterals, app descriptions, value propositions, select and disseminate screenshots of your app and much more.
But don’t worry. We are here to help. We’ve orchestrated successful app launches hundreds of times. And now tens of millions of users tap on the app icons from their favorite companies spending hours at a time on various tasks. And we made that happen.
In order to effectively launch your application there are 5 proven techniques marketers must use. And we help your team with each of these deliverables.
- Build clear personas for your application. Knowing exactly who you are building an app for will help you clearly identify the market opportunity, the pain points customers have and the best way to deliver an excellent user experience. Building personas is part of our design process.
- Clearly map the user’s journey. Defining how a user will interact with your brand overall with the mobile app being just one touch point allows you to clearly articulate how a customer will be best served by downloading and using your app. We take time to sit with your internal stakeholders and clearly define the user’s journey before we even write a line of code.
- Define the value prop. In business we call this the elevator pitch. In marketing you need to be able to articulate what an application will do for the end user. It can be as simple as a tag line or as long as a paragraph. We help you define the best value proposition for your users so that you can easily and effectively market your app after launch.
- Differentiate yourself from the competition. Let’s be honest. If you didn’t have any competition at all, you probably wouldn’t build an app. At the end of the day, most apps do things that aren’t necessarily revolutionary. However, they do 1 or 2 things better than other apps and other websites. As part of our design process, we help you define how your idea is better than that of your competition. We also make sure we call out how you can deliver clear, measurable value to your users that digital products don’t. This will help you immensely when the time comes to launch your app.
- Build your marketing collateral. An app cannot be successfully launched without a killer app description and great in-app screenshots and descriptions. Both are needed to visually explain to your future users why they should download the app. We help with these artifacts so that you have peace of mind when launching your product.
We’re in this together. Your success is our success. And the Marketing & Launch Strategy plans we have in place are guaranteed to set you on the path to success.